Rules of Play!
It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring this equipment to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the items on hire.
Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
1. All children’s units have an age limit of 12 years. Unless specified for adult use.
2. The hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of all the equipment and you will be charged for theft or any damage caused to it or for any items missing from it on its return. Sumo Suits being kept overnight must be locked away to avoid theft. Again a charge for any missing items will be made.
3. Sumo suits should only be worn by Adults/teenagers big enough to wear them, junior sumo suits are suitable for 8-12 years old only. Helmets & neck braces must be worn. The suits should only be used on the mats provided.
4. No BBQ to be set up near the castles, No food, drink, Gum or smoking is allowed on or near the equipment. (Please note if the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring will incur a charge)
5. All footwear, sharp instruments, jewellery and spectacles must be removed before bouncy castles use. Socks must be worn at all times.
6. No face paints, party poppers, coloured streamers, silly string and washing up liquid to be used either on or near the Bouncy castle.
7. Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
8. The use of the equipment will at all times be supervised by a person aged 18 or over who is not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. No person(s) shall be permitted to partake whilst under the influence of alcohol, drugs &/ or any other intoxicating substance.
10. The inflatable must not be overloaded and an adequate bouncing space must be available for each person whilst on the inflatable so as not to cause contact to others whilst bouncing. Staff will advise on the day of the number of children allow on the item. Also the front step is only designed for climbing on and off the bouncy castles “Not for Bouncing”.
11. Make sure Children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
12. Ensure that no one with a history of back or neck problems is allowed on the equipment as indeed any child who is feeling unwell.
13. Do not allow anyone to be on the bouncy castle during inflation and deflation as this is DANGEROUS.
14. No pets and toys allowed on or near the bouncy castle.
15. Please ensure that children are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately and that nothing can fall out of their pockets.
16. In the event of heavy rain, it is strongly recommended that the children or adults are not allowed on the Bouncy castles until the rain has stopped. Any wetness, including bubbling (which is normal) can be dried with a towel once the rain as stopped. Please keep the inflatable fully inflated when raining. All electric equipment is shower proof.
17. In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. Check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains then switch it back on again 5 or 6 minutes later. If it does not restart then contact us straight away on 07769979676
18. Only our delivery driver is authorized to collect the equipment. Under no circumstances should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than our uniformed driver, who will hold a copy of the contact.
19. You the hirer is reasonable for the equipment. You must NOT un-peg or move any inflatable from where our trained staff have setup.
20. If you have to cancel any booking for any reason other than poor weather the following terms apply: 1. Cancellation by Bounceroos (“The Company”) or the client due to adverse weather conditions. Where the cancellation is made on the hire day, before 8am: Cancellation will not incur a cancellation fee, a refund of all monies paid will be made by way of a credit note allowing the customer to rebook for a later date.
2. Cancellation by the client due to any reason other than bad weather will incur a cancellation fee. The fee will be calculated according to amount of notice given. The schedule of cancellation fees follows:
2a. Cancellation by the client within 3 days of making the booking, when the ‘hire day’ (the day when equipment is due to be delivered) is more than 7 days from the time of booking: Cancellation will be free of charge. This is known as a ‘cooling off period’; it allows clients to change their mind without incurring a penalty. Although we’re unable to offer this cooling off period to clients who book at short notice.
2b. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but more than 28 days before the ‘hire date’: A 20% cancellation charge will be payable.
2c. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but 14 to 28 days before the ‘hire date’: A 30% cancellation charge will be payable.
2d. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but 10 to 13 days before the ‘hire date’: A 40% cancellation charge will be payable.
2e. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but 6 to 9 days before the ‘hire date’: A 50% cancellation charge will be payable.
2f. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but 3 to 5 days before the ‘hire date’: A 75% cancellation charge will be payable.
2g. Cancellation by the client not within 3 days of making their booking, but 3 or less days before the ‘hire date’: A 100% cancellation charge will be payable.
3. Cancellation by the company due to ‘breach of contract’, where the client does not comply with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Hire, including (but not limited to) where Bounceroos are unable to set up equipment due an unsuitable space being provided for set up: 100% cancellation fee will be payable and no refund will be due.
4. Cancellation by Bounceroos due to reasons beyond our control: A refund will be given by way of a credit note, allowing the customer to rebook in the future.